Can counselling help depression
There are many benefits of depression counselling, however, it is important to recognise that it is common to feel sad, lonely, or depressed at different points in your life. These are typical emotions and common reactions to difficult times in life. Those who receive the greatest benefit from depression counselling usually suffer from symptoms of depression for longer periods at a time or are experiencing symptoms that impact their ability to effectively handle day-to-day tasks and activities.
What is depression counselling?
A depression counsellor is a professional trained to listen with empathy and expertise. Our counsellors can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings and provide objective guidance towards your personal growth.
If you answer “yes” to any one or more of the following questions, or if your depression symptoms are impacting your ability to handle daily activities, then it may be a good idea to consider depression counselling.
- Do you often feel sad, lonely, or empty?
- Are you less excited than you used to be about situations, events, or the company of loved ones?
- Do you no longer enjoy activities or hobbies that you used to enjoy and love?
- Do you often or regularly feel hopeless, worthless, or helpless?
- Have you noticed or experienced a change in your energy consistently over the last few weeks or months?
- Are you often tired or fatigued during the day?
- Do you often have difficulty focusing on day-to-day tasks?
- Do you often have trouble making decisions?
- Is it hard to fall asleep at night, stay asleep during the night, or wake up in the morning?
- Have you seen changes in your appetite or weight without being on a diet?
- Do you have thoughts of death or suicide?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, or if your symptoms are impacting your ability to deal with day-to-day tasks and activities, then depression counselling could be right for you because depression counsellors provide a listening ear and give advice where and when you need it most.
Use the contact form for a FREE consultation